Yellow Belt Course Description
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course covers the knowledge needed to participate as an effective member of a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project team and participate as an effective associate within a Lean Six Sigma organization.
Instructors take students through a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project utilizing the DMAIC roadmap, concepts, and tools needed to participate effectively in Six Sigma projects.
Attendees Will Learn
- The Six Sigma Business Management methodology and the role of a Yellow Belt project team member
- To participate effectively in the Six Sigma process improvement team through the DMAIC methodology, tools, and concepts
- To assist with a Six Sigma pilot implementation and how to sustain improvements over time
- The basic LEAN principles
- Value stream and process mapping
- Team dynamics and team building
- The components of the Project Charter
- To identify the customer and the VOC (Voice of the Customer)
- CTQ (Critical to Quality) Analysis
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Data Collection Methods
- Basic Statistical and Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagramming
- The 5 Whys
- Brainstorming and Affinity Diagraming
- Solution Criteria and Selection
- Consensus Decision Making
- Roles and responsibilities within a Lean Six Sigma organization
In Class Exercise
Students will work as teams to identify a measurable performance issue and work through the DMAIC process to identify solutions and develop an implementation plan. Each team will report out on their project to the class.
14 Hours (14 PDU’s are awarded) Public classes are typically scheduled M-T but may be scheduled in the evenings and/or on Saturdays. In-house training is also available.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals, managers, Lean or Six Sigma practitioners, process improvement leaders, project managers, supply chain leaders, quality engineers, and supervisors should attend this Workshop.
- Anyone seeking to expand their job possibilities, job training, and professional development, or anyone seeking to improve their processes should attend this workshop.
- Dislocated Workers facing career changes, WIA, NEG, TAA, and Veteran Funded students supported.
If there are no Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt courses listed, complete the contact form or Contact Paul Gormas or Tasos Georgopoulos, with any questions about booking a class at your organization or to register for an upcoming class. Paul: 513.543.0816 or email@example.com; Tasos: 513.335.9864 or firstname.lastname@example.org